Traffic Flow Data Collection and Analysis
When unauthorized or low-priority applications hog the network, managers typically respond by increasing bandwidth capacity. Throwing more bandwidth at the problem doesn't always solve the issue or prevent it from recurring. Unauthorized applications only absorb any additional bandwidth, while business-critical applications suffer from poor response times. This always results in unpredictable bandwidth availability and network instability that compromises application performance. One approach is to set rate limits to control bandwidth usage by specific traffic, but this lacks the necessary visibility to distinguish between application types and adds significant administrative effort and processing overhead to the network infrastructure.
Cruz Network Insight provides complete visibility into IP traffic behavior, usage patterns, and network utilization to help identify the users, applications, protocols, and conversations that are consuming most of the network bandwidth. This unified solution leverages IP flow analysis to enhance the availability and performance monitoring functionality of Cruz. Cruz Network Insight is easily scalable to meet your performance needs by simply adding more flows.
- Collect and decipher existing traffic flows to determine which applications and/or users impact network and application response times and service levels.
- Administrative control of unauthorized traffic and protection of valuable bandwidth for critical and demanding business applications.
- Comprehensive visibility and reporting of network utilization and deep insight into top usage patterns.
- Pinpoint what applications are consuming the most network bandwidth, what conversations are involved, and who are the most active users.
- Flow event automation and correlation
Cruz Network Insight, like all Cruz products, is seamlessly integrated with Cruz Operations Center (CruzOC) for a robust converged infrastructure management solution to configure, monitor, and manage all your devices and from a single system. The integration offers centralized management for data center and network operations for multiple vendors and technologies.
Contact us to learn more about Cruz Network Insight.